Feb 1, 2011

Our Favorites

We like to sing nursery rhymes (mainly in the tub and car). They really enjoy singing. Daniel didn't really know what he was getting himself into when he married a kindergarten teacher. I think the boys really enjoy the repitition. If you don't know any of these google them and you can hear the tune. Or call Stephen and he will sing them to you. Joking!

Five Little Monkey's
5 little monkey’s swinging in the tree
teasing Mr. Alligator can’t catch me….can’t catch me
along came Mr. Alligator quiet as can be
and snapped that monkey out that tree

4 little monkey’s swinging in the tree
teasing Mr. Alligator can’t catch me….can’t catch me
along came Mr. Alligator quiet as can be
and snapped that monkey out that tree

3 little monkey’s swinging in the tree
teasing Mr. Alligator can’t catch me….can’t catch me
along came Mr. Alligator quiet as can be
and snapped that monkey out that tree

2 little monkey’s swinging in the tree
teasing Mr. Alligator can’t catch me….can’t catch me
along came Mr. Alligator quiet as can be
and snapped that monkey out that tree

1 little monkey’s swinging in the tree
teasing Mr. Alligator can’t catch me….can’t catch me
along came Mr. Alligator quiet as can be
and snapped that monkey out that tree

No more monkey’s swinging in the tree!

Little Bunny Phoo Phoo
Little Bunny Phoo Phoo hopping through the forest
scooping up the field mice and bop 'em on the head
Down came the goooooooooood fairy and she said:
"Little Bunny Phoo Phoo, I don’t want to see you
scooping up the field mice and bop 'em on the head .
I’ll give you 3 more chances and if you don’t behave
I’m going to turn you into a goon !"

So the next day...

Little Bunny Phoo Phoo hopping through the forest
scooping up the field mice and bop 'em on the head
Down came the goooooooooood fairy and she said:
"Little Bunny Phoo Phoo, I don’t want to see you
scooping up the field mice and bop 'em on the head .
I’ll give you 2 more chances and if you don’t behave
I’m going to turn you into a goon !"

So the next day...

Little Bunny Phoo Phoo hopping through the forest
scooping up the field mice and bop 'em on the head
Down came the goooooooooood fairy and she said:
"Little Bunny Phoo Phoo, I don’t want to see you
scooping up the field mice and bop 'em on the head .
I’ll give you 1 more chances and if you don’t behave
I’m going to turn you into a goon !"

So the next day...

Little Bunny Phoo Phoo hopping through the forest
scooping up the field mice and bop 'em on the head
Down came the goooooooooood fairy and she said:
"I gave you 3 chances and you didn’t behave………

now I’m going to turn you into a goon!" ( I have not taught this whole ending. I made up a nicer one).

Moral of the story is...
"Hare today, goon tomorrow!"

Where is Thumb Kin?
Where is Thumb Kin? Where is Thumb Kin ?
Here I am! Here I am !
How are you today sir?
Very well I thank you
Run away, run away

Where is Pointer? Where is Pointer ?
Here I am! Here I am!
How are you today sir?
Very well I thank you
Run away, run away

Where is Middle Man? Where is Middle Man ?
Here I am! Here I am !
How are you today sir?
Very well I thank you
Run away, run away

Where is Ring Man? Where is Ring Man ?
Here I am! Here I am!
How are you today sir?
Very well I thank you
Run away, run away

Where is Pinky? Where is Pinky ?
Here I am, here I am
How are you today sir?
Very well I thank you
Run away, run away

Where is Family? Where is Family?
Here we are! Here we are!
How are you today sirs?
Very well we thank you
Run away, run away
(I changed the run away part to run and play)

Baby Bumble Bee
I’m bringing home my baby bumblebee
Won’t my mommy be so proud of me?
I’m bringing home my baby bumblebee
Ouch……it stung me

I’m squishing up my baby bumblebee
Won’t my mommy be so proud of me?
I’m squishing up my baby bumblebee
Ewe….…look at my hands

I’m wiping off my baby bumblebee
Won’t my mommy be so proud of me?
I’m wiping off my baby bumblebee
My hands are all clean
But ewe….. look at my pants

I’m washing off my baby bumblebee
Won’t my mommy be so proud of me?
I’m washing off my baby bumblebee
My hands are all clean
My pants are all clean
Guess I just go home and kiss my Mommy!
(This one makes me smile because SDS comes to give me a big hug and kiss)

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Ooh, that's a new way to sing five little monkeys! I'll have to try it out. Eli loves to sing!!