Feb 14, 2011

Books, books and more books

I haven't bought many books since Stephen's birth 3 years ago. A friend at my old school gave me about 65 board books for babies and toddlers. This really has come in handy. My Mom has also give me a few here and there for the boys. I have tons at school but they are not toddler friendly. I have them organized into about 20 different tubs based on holiday, month, author, etc. I plan on bringing them home after this year to store in Stephen's closet. The last few months I have decided it's time to start buying books. I also bought my little nephews a few books for their 5th birthday next month. Here are a few I am keeping for my boys.









This last book has been a hit. Stephen has not quite made it yet to this stage so we are still in pull-ups. I spoke with my pediatrician when he turned 3 years old. She said it is perfectly normal and he could be closer to 4 when he potty trains. I am hoping to stop buying pull-ups soon so I ordered this book. It is hilarious and true!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Eli is kind of on the fence with books, but we still read to him a lot (even if he's not listening). Our favorites right now are Dr. Seuss books and anything that has to do with faces.

The Hixson Crew said...

Only a teacher would organize her kids books into tubs by themes!! I LOVE it!!!

amy said...

One of Reagan's friends has the book Everyone Poops and she loves it too. She wants to read it everytime we go over there. It is a funny book though!