Jan 22, 2011

18 months-19 months

Jonathan turned 18 months old on January 1st. I meant to blog before I went back to work but that didn't happen. Here is what our little 18 month old is doing lately.
1. He has really started EATING! A few of his favorites are apple slices, oranges, strawberries, grapes, yogurt and teddy grahams, graham crackers, rice, bread of any kind, crackers, peanut butter and jelly sandwich's, raisins, stir fry with rice (brown or white), cheese cubes.
2. He loves to give hugs and kisses to all of us. We still have to use the word "gentle" a lot since he is very quick to hit all of us too.
3. He still loves his blanket but we are no longer sending one to daycare. He still takes a paci during naps and night time.
4. He sings Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and he sings "Mama" to the same tune.
5. We are counting to 10. He only says eight and 10! Then he says yay!
6. Some words he is saying are: hi, bye, Momma, Dadda, up, yay, more, all done, thank you, bowl, eat, book and MINE! He signs all done, more, eat and milk.
7. He has gone potty in the big potty a few times but only because Mommy didn't want to clean up poop so I stuck him on the potty. It worked! I doubt it will work again but who knows.
8. Jonathan loves puzzles and books. His favorite book right now is Put Me in the Zoo; A Book of Colors by Robert Lopshire. The great thing is Stephen has almost memorized it so I can talk him into reading it to Jonathan. He tends to try to bring me books when I am in the middle of cooking dinner. Ha ha!
9. Weight: 21 lbs. Clothing: 18 months






2 comments:

Sarah said...

Kristie, he is TOO cute! I love his little dimples! He's changed so much since May!
I also love the family picture of you guys at the top of your blog. Great photo! (How did you get Daniel to sign off on having his picture front and center on your blog?) =)
Miss you guys terribly! If you'd like to come visit us this summer, we'd love to have you!!!

Nick, Krista, Carson and Clay said...

You are such a good mommy! ;) Can you be preschool in a couple of years?!! HAHA!