Feb 8, 2009
Our Little Get Away
Daniel worked in Louisiana all last weekend and this week (Jan 31st- Feb. 5th). We have been trying to plan a get away to go somewhere for the weekend and drop off Stephen with my parents. We finally planned it and ended up going to our favorite bed and breakfast in New Braunsfels, TX. We were going to "camp" for one night but ended up staying Friday and Saturday at the Gruene River Inn in Gruene, TX. We love it because it has a country feel to it and it's so quiet. It only has about 12 rooms each of which are named after a river in Texas. We stayed in the Rio Grande room. This is our second time to stay at the same place. Last time we didn't have Stephen. We ate at The Greune River Grill for lunch and then ended up going to Luling to my grandma's to see Stephen. I know your probably thinking if your on vacation why go visit your son? Well his daddy missed after being gone all week. My grandma's house is about 45 min. We found some comfy cedar chairs for our back porch in Luling while on the way to my Nana's. We bought two of them and a mini chair for stephen. Stephen loves his new chair. He looks like such a grown up little boy sitting in it. After two hours we left Luling, went back to New Braunfels to catch a movie before we went to eat dinner in Gruene. Our plan was to go to Gruene Hall after our meal but decided not to. We were both exhausted and I honestly didn't pack to well for the windy weather so I was freezing with my light jacket on. We ended up just relaxing for the rest of the night. We are now on the way home after picking up Stephen at my parents around 11am. I wish I had pictures but I don't . I left my camera at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment