5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
1. My kids- Stephen, Jonathan and Anna. I can't imagine my life without my kids. What did I do before I was a MOM?
2. My second son began to stutter about 2 1/2 months ago. We were getting really sad for him because was doing so good on talking for his age. I looked it up and my Mom spoke with someone for me (speech pathologist) back in February when I was visiting her. It is apparently normal and she gave me two brochures to read about stuttering. It was so hard to hear him. Praise God, about 3 weeks ago he slowly started to stutter less and now is 100% free of stuttering. We were already looking into a specialist here in The Woodlands because it seemed to get worse each month. We are so happy he is doing great.
3. My husband makes me super happy. I am so grateful that God has given me a husband who is a "go getter" in his career. He is in the oil field industry and has gained so much knowledge in the last 6 years. It isn't an easy job but he enjoys what he is doing. He has spent and will spend numerous weeks in Louisiana and now Alaska. He will go to Columbia and maybe Australia in the next few months. I miss him very much when he is gone but he loves to travel. I hope to be able to travel with him a little more ...............one day.
4. Mother's Day Out: The program the boys go to is so good. I am amazed by how much their teachers do with them only 2 days a week. It gives me 5 hours of freedom and I don't feel guilty.
5. My Mom has really helped out a lot since I have stayed home. I go and visit for 5-7 days at a time about once a month. We enjoy visiting my Meme, cousins, eating out, going shopping and letting the boys play outside in the country. It is a great change of scenery for my little guys.
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
1. I would say having gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy. It was extremely hard since I have never had to be on a diet. Always thinking about eating but not being able to eat because of risking having a baby that was too big. I was relieved when I was able to deliver him and he was fine, normal and only 7.1 pounds.
2. Working last year when Jonathan was 13 months old and entering daycare for the first time. He and Stephen passed sickness to each other. I had to take off so much and each time it was for 2-3 days at a time. I felt horrible leaving my class with a substitute and not being able to teach the material that I knew they needed to learn. Good substitute teachers were hard to get so I couldn't leave off where I was for someone else to teach the material. Talk about a disaster coming back and trying pick back up and get my first graders ready for a DCA (district common assessment) not to mention my 4 boys and 1 girl that constantly were defiant and 5x worse when I was gone. It was nerve racking. I was 92 pounds that year.
I love teaching. I love teaching first grade but right now my job is my kids. Some of you might think we were crazy having 3 kids in 4 years. I know my Lord and savior wouldn't give Daniel and I anything that we can't handle. We feel they are each blessings for Him.
7. What is your dream job, and why?
Teaching first grade again, when my kids are older. I love children at age 6 and 7. Here are the main reasons I loved teaching this age:
1 comment:
I really enjoy reading all these lists your doing! I feel like I know you really well (which what happens when your friends with someone for so many year!), but your lists are very sweet and insightful. Keep it up!
Post a Comment