Mar 27, 2012

Double ear infections

On March 21st I took Anna to get her ears checked by the pediatrician. She had a few bad days and she was starting to really scratch at her ears. Daniel was still gone and she was at a point where she would not let me put her down. When I took her in the pediatrician said her ears did not look good but they weren't HORRIBLE. He prescribed an antibiotic for her but said I could give it another few days (if I wanted) to see if it gets better. I ended up filling it that day because of how she was acting.

Yesterday, I took her in for her 4 month well check up and her ears were still bad after 5 days of antibiotics (amoxicilin). She took her off it and put her on a stronger antibiotic and put her on breathing treatments. I hate her being on antibiotics so early. She is picking up all her brother's colds and it's yuck. I am hoping now that each day gets better and she starts to nurse on a regular schedule again.


Her 4 month check up:
weight: 13.2 pounds (25th percentile)
length: 24 inches (40th percentile)
Sleeping schedule: 8:30pm-6 or 7am
Lately she has started waking up at 12am but I figure it is her ears or congestion. I will give her another month and if she still is waking up then I will start rice cereal.
Teeth: none: she is teething and drooling for about 2 weeks now. I sure hope a tooth comes through soon so she can feel better.

No comments: