Dec 2, 2009

Yucky weather and sickness!

Yesterday at Stephen's 2 year appointment we found out both the boys have viral infections. Since Daniel is off he went with the boys and I. After hearing wheezing sounds from Stephen she carefully listened to Jonathan too. I let her know I was just here 8 days ago (different doctor but the same practice) with Jonathan. The same day I went to the doctor to get antibiotics for a sore throat. Our pediatrician said to start breathing treatments 3-4 times a day, four hours apart. I was hoping we would be able to go to a friend's Christmas party Saturday night but I am thinking we will skip it AGAIN this year. It's a little difficult in two different ways for a 2 year old and a 5 month old to do breathing treatments. Jonathan's dosage is 1/2 of Stephen's but he has to be distracted the entire time. He will quickly grab it off his face. Stephen says "all done" after a few minutes but can be easily distracted by the TV or a book. TODAY it is really nice and cold so we are staying inside.

1 comment:

ThoseDarnGillespies said...

Will had super bad asthma as a baby and we were on breathing treatments all the time. The mask was impossible so our doctor gave us this tube thing that blew out the medicine. If you give treatments often I recommend looking into one. We found that holding it up to his nose while he slept was the best way to give him his treatments.