Aug 12, 2011

What's going on with us

On August 10th I booked Stephen's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. It will be his first "real" birthday party with more than just family invited. He is already very excited. Just about every other day we sing the months of the year/days of the week song because we are counting down the months until November. Since our little girl will arrive on or around his 4Th birthday I have decided to celebrate his birthday on November 5Th. This way I am not stressing about it when it's time to deliver our little girl. We are thinking about getting him a bike with pedals for his birthday. He is still riding his Strider bike right now but he is ready for pedals (he tells us).

For the last few weeks or so I have brought the bikes inside and let the boys ride them in the house (after wiping off the wheels). I know your thinking I am insane but it's all I can do some days to let them get their energy out. I also bought a membership here in our area to The Children's Museum. It's a small scaled museum compared to the one in downtown Houston. We have not tried going to it yet but maybe one day. The facility in our area is very reasonable for a year membership and the boys love it!

I am 6 month (24 weeks) pregnant and feeling every bit of "being large" again. By large I mean I have outgrown all of my maternity shorts (3 pair). I really can't go up a size because they will be to big. I am one of those in betweener pregnancy girls. It sucks in so many ways! So guess what, I am wearing comfy shorts around the house and and my one pair out in public. I AM NOT BUYING ANYMORE MATERNITY! The uncomfortable nights of sleep have already begun. The sciatic nerve is a daily pain. For some reason I didn't have much pain with my first or second pregnancy. I am still lift Jonathan into his crib and car seat but that should hopefully stop soon. The running boards and leather are getting installed in my Sequoia Monday (thankfully). My next appointment is on August 22 at 25 weeks (almost 26). It will be my first glucose test that I am praying I pass so I won't have to do the 3 hour test. In the back of my mind I am preparing for the worst (gestational diabetes). I didn't have it with Jonathan so I am hoping I won't with our little girl.


I am happy to say I did get my first prenatal message today and she focused on my sciatic nerve. It seems to have really helped. She also gave me a great tip on how to relieve the pain. All thanks to my wonderful husband for letting me go and my mother-in-law for keeping the kids since Daniel was in Louisiana this week.



I may have to take the alphabet down and put it above the window because I need to put Jonathan's name over his bed (like Stephen's name).

No comments: