Jul 28, 2010

surgery

Surgery went great today. Jonathan could not eat or drink after 12 midnight. I gave him a 6 ounce bottle at 12am. He woke up like clock work at 6am ready to eat/drink/play. We had to be at the surgery center (2 minutes from our house) by 7am for surgery at 8am. Poor kids he kept trying to steel his big brother's sippy cup because he wanted milk. We kept him in his PJ's for comfort like they suggested. Surgery finished around 8:15. The doctor said his ears weren't bad today so he didn't have to drain them as much. He also said that he will be allowed to swim, get wet in the tub in a few weeks. I am waiting until his hearing screening test in two weeks (August 12th) before we get ears wet. The tub is hard enough right now. I have to do a quick bath because he is a splasher. We left the surgery center around 8:40. He downed an 8 ounce bottle while coming out of anesthesia. He cried for about an hour after we got home. Pacifier and blanket were great to have on hand. Thanks for your prayers and text messages.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the procedure went well! We'll pray for a quick recovery and that the hearing test goes well in a couple of weeks.

Miss you all!

Unknown said...

Kristie,
I'm so glad to hear it went well. Poor little guy. So glad he'll be all better soon!

The Stallbergs said...

So glad it went well! Tubes have been an absolute LIFESAVER for us and I know they will be for Jonathan also. Glad ya'll are doing good - enjoy reading your blog! :)

Shan G. said...

So glad the surgery went well. You guys are troopers, two babies w/ surgeries! Whew! Hope he's feeling well and hope the no-splash zone bathtimes are over soon.