Nov 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Today we are leaving The Woodlands and making our way to Seguin to my Aunt Betty's house for Thanksgiving "YUMMY" lunch. I am not much of a turkey eater. Isn't that horrible? Turkey is full of lean protein. Did you know that a 4-oz. serving of white meat has over 60% of the US daily allotment of protein? And I don't like it. It's no wonder I can't get this baby weight off. My Mom is a super cook. She is making the stuffing and a few of my favorite Thanksgiving sides. My Dad and Uncle Scott are frying the turkeys for this annual event in our family.

Stephen has been in Gonzales since Tuesday so Daniel, Jonathan and I could go to our friend's Jonah and Rachel's wedding. I hear Stephen is having fun playing with my nephew Chance, riding his strider bike and helping feed the cows. I plan on taking pictures today so be expecting them next week. We are staying in Gonzales until Sunday to spend sometime with both sides of my family. We are going to celebrate Stephen's birthday on Friday with a cake and a few gifts. Then Mom and I are taking the boys to Illusions to get their picture taken with Santa. I will tell you Stephen has NO CLUE about Santa. I am not sure how this picture session is going to work.

Saturday we are going to Luling to my Nana's house to celebrate her marriage to her new husband Willie Joe. They were married back in mid July and have decided to invite some family and friends over to celebrate their marriage. This will be the first time Daniel, the boys and I have been to Luling altogether since probably late Spring since I didn't really travel much the last 4 months of my pregnancy.

Today is an extra special day of thanks for Daniel and I. We have two adorably handsome boys that we love more and more each day. Even though Jonathan is so little he has such a sweet personality. His Daddy can easily make him belly laugh. It is hilarious to watch. Stephen is doing great in the new phase of age 2. Even though the word "mine" is gettng used more and more on a daily basis it so fun to see him grow up. HE LOVES HIS LITTLE BROTHER. I have some great videos of the sweetest things he has done this past week for his brother, Jonathan (his words Jon-a-nin). I also feel blessed to stay home with the boys. I am so thankful for my husband, Daniel. God has blessed Daniel at work with THHA. It has been a year a month since his new position as Project Manager over Chevron Deep Water. He is In-House Support for Chevron through THHA. With this type of job Daniel is on-call 24 hours a day. He gets calls from all across the world. He has to be available to answer questions for support at any time of the day. He has shelves of binders that he has studied over the last 4 years to help learn about each tool. It's not unusual for him to get a call at midnight from a rig engineer to ask him a question. Also, he gets to travel to Lafayette Louisiana once a month for a day or sometimes a week. He has poored so much into learning different aspects of all kinds of tools used to drill deep water wells. If a tool fails millions of dollars are lost each day the rig is not running. It's his job to know everything about a specific type of tool and if he doesn't know he asks someone else that can teach him about that tool. He specializes in knowing about liner hangers. Believe it or not I know quite a abit about them too..NOW. All in all my day is easy compared to Daniel. He is mentally and physically exhausted some days and I am only physically exhausted. The great thing is he comes home to 2 blond headed blue eyed boys and wife who love him very much. Around 3:30- 4:30 Stephen starts saying "Daddy coming in a minute Momma? And I say yes. My job isn't really hard in my opionion the hard part is managing my time to be the best wife and Mom to our family. I am going to conclude with a prayer because I know I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for my savior.

God, thank you for blessing my family in so many ways. Our precious boys are happy and healthy. Thank you for continously giving us wisdom as parents on how to raise our children. I thank you for the challenges that parenting brings because it draws us closer to you. Daniel and I have fully committed to making you top priority in our life so we can be an example to our boys. I thank you for blessing us with a small group bible study of people our age beginning in January. I thank you for Daniel's men's bible study over the last 8 weeks. We want to be in community with other Christians in our stage of life so we can continously learn your word and how to apply it in our life. I also thank you for my husband's job and his ability to learn such a new aspect of deep water drilling in the last year. Thank you that because of you I am able to stay home to raise our boys. As I spend the rest of the week with my family help Daniel and I to remember how to be thankful for all that you have freely given us today. Amen.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

No comments: