Nov 2, 2009

4 month appointment

Jonathan's appointment did not go great. After sitting in the room for 45 minutes waiting on the doctor both of my boys started to get ansy, especially Stephen. Keep in mind I am holding Jonathan the entire time (in a diaper) while reading books, giving a snack, drink and playing trains. At this point I was starting to get frustrated and so were the boys. JD started crying because he was hungry. I went ahead a made him a bottle 45 minutes early. When Jon started to cry Stephen decided he would start whining/crying to go home. Stephen only took a 40 minute nap today in the car prior to our 2pm doctor appointment. Stephen and I sang just about every nursery rhyme song I could THINK of at least twice. I took 3 little trains that link together magnetically for him to play with during the doctor time.Then right as the doctor comes in he did good until she left. He decided he wanted to leave too. The nurse took 15 more minutes until she came in to give Jonathan his shot. After the shot Jonathan of course cried and then Stephen started crying because he was sympathetic for his little brother. As I was checking out Stephen ran down the hall from me so I had to leave my crying infant to get my toddler running down the hall. This was the 2nd time he ran from me in the appointment today. It will be the last time he runs from me again. When we got to the car I had a good, firm talk with him in his face about running from me. I will spank the next time it happens. The only other time he has run from me in public was in Target (2 months ago). I have also decided I am going to purchase a portable DVD player that is long overdue TOMORROW.

Here are Jon's stats:

  • 14.2 pounds
  • 24 1/2 inches long
  • almost 50 percentile in height/weight
  • baby eczema on both arms; means using hydrocortisone cream, hypoallergenic detergent and cotton clothing
Overall he did good. He is a little fussy tonight and won't let me put him down but I know it will pass.

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Sorry it was a frustrating day for you! I cannot imagine how you handle two! Glad it is over and hope he bounces back from the shots quickly. If only the toddlers would understand we don't like to scold them, but it's not safe to do X,Y,Z and that's why we won't let them - it isn't because we want to be mean!!!