I had my 38 week appointment on Wednesday morning. Since I am already dialated between 2 and a 3 she did something called "stripping membranes" to help speed up the process and allow me to go in labor on my own but quicker. I am expected to deliver in 72 hours as of yesterday morning. Nothing so far and it's Thursday night. We have no idea how big he is but as of Wednesday I have gained 25 pounds so hopefully he is a healthy weight. If Jonathan does not arrive this weekend we have scheduled an induction for Wednesday, July 1st. Daniel took off today and Friday even though we had no idea this would happen possibly this weekend. He has been doing some odds and ends around the house. We also took Stephen swimming and out to eat tonight possibly for the last time as a family of 3. Tomorrow I am taking our last family photo of just us and Stephen. Although I am huge I don't care. I want our last family photo before the arrival of Jonathan. Jamie has been such a blessing. She has done so much with me since the summer break has begun. She is pretty much here everyday for most of the day (while Daniel is at work) just in case I go into labor. We don't really sit around either. We have taken Stephen to the mall to play in the play area, visited friends and had lunch, ran errands such as Babies-r- us, Target and Wal-Mart for last minute things. I am so glad she is close.
Well it is so late. I need to get some rest. It might be the last night of good sleep for me for a while.
3 comments:
It sounds like you and Jamie have had a super fun summer!! Thanks for keeping me informed... I'll be thinking about you this weekend!
How exciting! Good luck!
Just heard.....CONGRATS!!!! Welcome Jonathan
Post a Comment