Jun 18, 2014

Russia, here we come

Daniel and I are going on our preview trip to Russia in 9 days. We will leave here on June 28th and will arrive in Russia on June 29th. The weather, from my google search, says it is going to be in the low 50's at night and low 70's during the day. I am super pumped about these weather conditions since we have already pushed 100 here in my area. When we swim it's usually for about an hour (during the day). During the week we will go visit the school and enroll Stephen in Primary 1 and Jonathan in Pre-K (not sure what it is called). Anna will get to go to nursery one or two mornings a week after she turns 3. We are getting excited but we don't have control over the details. This has been and will continue to be a test of our patience. I do not know the flight details until we get on the first plane. 

I am excited to take the kids and our family on a cultural experience. We plan to take many trips but one that excites me is to the Great Wall in China, to Japan and we will visit other countries on vacation in the next three to four years. I am a little nervous about FOOD but I am going to have to DEAL.... and get over it. I guess this is something the Lord is really going to have to get me through. Jonathan is my picky eater but the other two kids are pretty easy going about food. They love their fruits and veggies and tend to not fight me as much on FOOD. I am hoping they adjust well since they won't really have a choice, just like me.    

On our trip I plan to take lots of pictures and make notes so I can remember what we REALLY need to bring from our house, what we need to buy (bedding, a few rugs) and what can stay behind. I am really excited to get away with Daniel on our preview trip. We have not gone away like this for more than a couple of days since our one year anniversary trip. 

Today I am meeting Daniel in Houston and we are taking the kids to get their vaccines at 2pm. They all do pretty well getting shots so I know once it's over they will do fine. I am taking some lollipops to distract them. 

_____________________
I took me 30+ to write this post. I had my 2.5 year old sitting next to me trying to drink my coffee, while drawing on paper with a red marker that she tried to sneak out of my office. Then she insisted on sitting in my lap to type since I was not giving her the attention. She found MY Erin Condren planner with all the cute colored markers that she tried to use. I learned my lesson 2 months ago and she is not allowed to use them. 

No comments: