Jun 29, 2014

Our trip to Russia

 I am impressed with my husband and his traveling savy. This is one side I rarely see since we don't travel often together. The last international flight I flew on was to the Phlippines and I was 12 weeks pregnant with Jonathan. It is so nice to have a man that travels quite frequently because he knows what to do. We flew into LA California to the LAX airport. I checked out the view a few times as we were flying over Arizona. It was just amazing to see quilts of green land and then many miles of dry dessert and mountains. Just a beautiful aural view. Yes, I love sitting by the window. If you travel internationally through LAX you have to go out of the airport and wait for a shuttle to bus you across the street to the other airport. Since we did this we have to go through the whole security thing ....again. I did get patted down (by a woman if your a woman) because I had on my very comfy Althleta pants.These pants are by far my favorite non-pajama looking pants I own. One reason I like these pants is it has many zippers and pockets to hold my cell phone and passport but because of the zippers and pockets the guard had to pat me down. We flew in at 8pm (10pm Houston time) on Saturday night. It took about an hour to get to the other airport and security so 9pm. We had to sit around a swanky business lounge on the 6th floor until 11:45pm. It had a buffee with lots of asian food, read, Daniel got on computer and we watched SC then we walked around the stores down stairs for a little while since we were getting tired. We boarded our 12 hour flight for Korea and took off at a little passed 1am. The seats are quite spacious for me since I am petite. I did purchase some Bose noise canceling out headphones before the trip and they are wonderful. I'm thinking we will get some for the kids before we leave in mid August but I need to research what kind. 

On this flight we fly into Soel Korea. We ate a meal they served so we didn't get to sleep until a little after 2am. I chose the Korean food which was semi good. The soup was the best and I didn't eat any vegetables but I liked the steamed rice and tiny amount of minced beef. your supposed to mix it with a red pepper paste but I did not. They also had western food to chose from. The appetizer was marinated shrimp with honey mustard dressing, main courses to chose from were beef stew with mashed potatoes and vegetables, mixed seafood served with a sauce, fried rice and vegetables or Fettucinni with cheese, served with pesto cream sauce, smoked chicken and vegetables, 3 cheeses to chose from and chocolate mousse dessert with tea or coffee. I will try one of these dishes on our flight back. The rows in first class are 1-2-1 so we are making a mental note of how to fly with the 3 kids. (It will not be easy and we will have many melt downs BUT there is so much they will LOVE. They will love riding all the escalators, taking the shuttle bus and eating in the lounge). On our flight our seats lay all the way down like a bed. They give you a pillow, twos small thick comforter blankets, slippers, eye black out shades to wear. I woke up around 6 and went back to sleep until 8am. It's at 8:20am your time and i just ordered a cressant ham and cheese sandwich and a coffee for breakfast. Daniel is still asleep. 

When we fly into Korea we will have another 3 hour connecting flight to Ysno-sakhalin Russia. 
We arrived and went to visit a new co-worker and his family before going to our hotel. 

This is the view from our hotel. 



Grocery store photos we snapped before we got in trouble for taking pictures 



Coffee bar 

The whole week this is how dark it was a 9:45pm (summer in Yzno-Sakhalinisk). 

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Have fun! First Class sounds awesome!!