Anna and Jonathan cannot get well. Anna has had a double ear infection since March 21st (5 days before her 4 month checkup and shots). At her 4 month check up on March 26th her ears showed no signs of improvement and she seemed to feel worse so my pediatrician put her on a new medicine for 10 more days. On April 5th she had a 10 day check up and no improvement so she was put on 10 more days of a stronger antibiotic. Through all of this she has been fussy and has started waking up 1 or 2x at night. We have her 15 day check up on Monday, April 23rd. I am praying for clear and beautiful ears for my sweet, baby girl. It has been 1 week now that she has slept through the night (8:30-6am). I hope it continues. My problem is if she wakes up at 4am, it's hard for me to go back to sleep because I will put her down and then read or eat breakfast. Then I will decide to do a load of laundry or take out the trash in the whole house or sweep the kitchen, or actually clean up the kitchen so I can actually see what I have to fix for meals the next day. I get so busy that I cannot go back to sleep. Then 7:30 rolls around and the boys wake up.
Jonathan is fighting naps these days but I will WIN THIS NO nap battle because he is only 2 years and 9 months old. It just takes him a little while to get settled down. I have moved nap time back from 12:00pm to 1:00pm. If he sleeps right away he will wake up between 2:30-3pm. On the days he struggles to fall asleep he may never go to sleep and I just give up at 4pm.. Anna still naps 3-4 times a day. One of those naps is in the swing in the living room.
I am still very antsy to find a new house. I know in the Lord's timing we will make a decision to sell this house and move into a bigger house. We just don't feel it's right time at this moment for us to move. I am praying for a clear answer by the fall of 2012.
On another note I am struggling these days with the "p" words:
Patience: finding a new house, dealing with our boys. I have always thought I did great in the area of patience since I taught kindergarten for 8 years. Now, I am really struggling with my patience with Jonathan, who has started his terrible 2's late and with Stephen, 4 who seems to nonchalantly challenge my authority over him, daily.
Parenting: During my day I have to keep the boys busy and engaged or fighting and arguing begins; make the right choice to sit in time out or spank for some things; I do not feel comfortable going places with all 3 since I am nursing. I have a window of time to go do something and that usually means the park, eating lunch at Chick Fil-a, or an occasional play date with Krista.
Planning: I hate planning meals during the week. I just hate that if I write it down I have to stick to it... because I won't or I will try but it won't happen.
Prayer: my prayer life seems to be pretty horrible these days. I feel like I only pray when something is going wrong or when I feel like I NEED God at this moment in my day.
Priorities: I am not prioritizing my time during the day and before I know it I 3 things to do in less than and hour and I start getting frantic (cook dinner, put way clothes and feed Anna).
My role as a Mom of 3 is very rewarding and very challenging daily. I have also decided to start running, usually only once or twice a week but I enjoy it.
Here are some iPhone photos of the family. I am horrible about having my Nikon out during the day. I also forget it a lot so I am trying to get better. I
The boys took pictures at MDO this week. I am debating on buying maybe one. This is the best one of the both of them.
2 comments:
Kristie,
Hey I enjoyed reading your blog today! I feel we are going through the same stuff! - But with only 2 kids, mine is on a different level than yours.
Gavin totally fights those naps! BAH,
you're such a great mommy.
PS Aiden & I just signed up for our 1st mini-marathon. (only 4.2 km; but we are excited;)
take care,
Hang in there... you're doing great!!
Post a Comment