Mar 31, 2010

9 months old

4/1/2010
My little man is getting big. I am debating moving him into his convertible car seat very soon. My only complaint is when he falls asleep in the car I have to wake him to put him in the stroller. We might wait until he turns one. I just can't carry his car seat anymore. Here is what he is doing these days.
1. crawling: he started crawling on March 22nd. Before that he was inch worming to get across the room. He likes to crawl from one end of the house to the other to hit the tile. We have tile at the back sliding glass door, kitchen/dining and at the front door. No more keeping shoes on the floor in the living room. He goes straight for them.
2. Loud noises: He makes himself known with all his sounds and shrill noises especially when Stephen takes his toy. I love this stage because he is very alert to new sounds. When I sneeze he looks at me like "what was that?" or when the dog is drinking water he looks around to figure out the sound. When Jamie comes over his eyes dart from her to me when we are talking.
3. Biting: When you hold him you have to be aware of his biting. It started about 3 weeks ago when I was in Gonzales. Last week he bit Stephen on the cheek. The four teeth were very clear on Stephen's cheek for about an hour.
4. Claps all the time.
5. Stats at the doctor: 50th percentile in height and weight!
weight: 19 lbs. 2 oz.
length: 28 inches
head: 17 1/2 inches
6. Pulling up: Since I didn't know if he could pull up on things she said to create him an obstacle course to help him pull up on things around the house such as the laundry basket and empty diaper and wipe boxes. After I got home from the doctor I made him a little obstacle course like the doctor explained. He pulled himself up on the small wipe box right away. Then he started clapping for himself. It was so cute.

Then before I left I made his one year appointment. Wow, so hard to believe he will be a year old in 3 months. No more talking about it. He is still my baby!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

LOL... I love your last two sentences: No more talking about it. He is still my baby!

I feel the same way whenever Scott starts talking about how Eli will be crawling, walking and talking before we know it!