Nov 18, 2008

Closer and closer to age 1

It has been a few weeks since our last post. We have been busy over the last month. I (Kristie) started playing football on Saturday's again with First Baptist Houston. Daniel spends several hours on Saturday watching Stephen, Hunter and Titus while we all play football. It has been fun but very tiring. I knew I would be out of shape but WOW! Talk about sore. We have only one loss under our belt and ranked #2. The playoffs are this weekend!

Daniel enjoys his new job at Chevron. He has been getting home by 5pm each day. What a nice change compared to 6:30pm. Not much change on my end at work.

We are getting ready to celebrate a sweet baby boy's 1st birthday. We are celebrating his birthday over Thanksgiving down the street at my sister-in-law and brother's house. Since Callie is so young we decided to stay here for Thanksgiving. My parents and both grandma's are traveling to The Woodlands. Also, Daniel sister and family, Mamaw and Peter will be coming. It will be a house full of fun, food and kids. Daniel and I have a lot to be thankful for at this stage of our life. God has blessed us with Stephen, a house not touched by Hurricane Ike and a great church.

Stephen is growing so much. He has 5 teeth and is on the verge of walking. Food is a fun topic right now. I am so worried about choking things. He has a sensitive gag reflux. I am getting braver but enjoying the trial and error phase of figuring out what he can and cannot eat yet. I think the hardest thing is daycare. He only gets one nap a day some days at daycare. It gets him though by the time he gets in the car on the way home he will sleep from 4pm until 6pm.

Next week will be a great week. I have off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. It will be nice to spend time with my son for 5 days. I am not sure of Daniel's schedule but I am sure he gets off Thursday and Friday.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wow, I can't believe almost a full year has flown by!!

Jocelyn said...

I can't wait to see video of Stephen walking!!