Sep 6, 2008
Sign Language
Now that Stephen has hit the stage of making loud sounds I have decided to teach him sign language. I know it might not work but I am willing to try. I ordered a My Baby Can Talk dvd from ebay this summer. I have been looking into it to decide if I want to do it. In order for it to really work I am going to have commit to teaching him the signs using actual abjects and watching the dvd at least 4 times a week. Here is what we are learning; milk, more, drink, eat, dog, bear and book. Once he learns these I want to teach him a few more. We will start off with the basics. I will keep you updated on how he is doing. I first started looking into it when he was 3 months old I didn't really think I would try to do it. For those of you that don't get to hear/see him on a regular basis he has a shrill scream and the whole time he is happy so I just want to be able to communicate with my baby the best way I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loved his shrill scream at Meme's that day. He is such a sweet and happy baby and loves to hear his own voice! Too cute!!!
Two more good ones to teach him right away might be "all done" and "sleep."
Yay for baby sign language!
It might also be good in you can encourage your day care to use the signs as well.
Post a Comment