My brother's wife and son moved into a house about 3 streets down. Molly is 19 weeks pregnant and just found out she is having a baby girl. Her due date is November 5th. They are both very excited and so are we. We need a cute little girl in the Lucas family. Their son Chance is a little over 2 right now. Molly and Josh bought a house here because it will be a closer drive for him from The Woodlands to Marshall where he works during the week. Molly has decided to stay at home keep her boy and soon to be baby girl.
Stephen has been under the weather again. He started vomiting last Saturday night. He continued to vomit about 2 more times the next three days. I took him in to his check up for his ears on Tuesday. We found out he still had a double ear infection after 10 days of antibiotics and he had the stomach bug. So he had to get a shot, they changed his formula to Similac Isomil DF and they prescribed an oral medication for him starting Wednesday. Well I FIGURED out after trying to give him the medication on Wed. that he was allergic to it. He couldn't keep anything down almost the whole day. So Wednesday night around 9pm until Thursday at 4pm he was on 100 % pedialyte. The doctor told me no dairy because he kept throwing up. Since he was allergic the medication for his ears (3rd different kind of antibiotic since he was 4 months) we had to go in yesterday and get another shot. The good thing is he only had a right ear infection instead of both. So now we go in on July 3rd for a follow up appointment. Last night around 4pm I gave him a bottle and he kept it down. He was so hungry by then that he sucked that milk right down. He went to bed around 9:30 after his last bottle and slept until 5am. He usually sleeps until 6 or 7am but I guess he was hungry. I fed him and he went back to sleep until 8am this morning. On a happier note he is doing great and has not vomited in 24 hours. He will continue to be on the Isomil formula for another 24 hours just to be on the safe side. By the way the formula only comes in liquid form. He would not TAKE the powder formula that the doctor gave me samples of. It didn't seem to work. It unfortunately only comes in 1 qt. bottles. I am so fortunate that this happened this week instead of last week when I had to finish up my last week of school. It is always a chaotic week.
Last but not least my parents are coming in this weekend because we are having Stephen's baby dedication at church. Thankfully he will be rid of this stuff by Sunday. We are supposed to go to Bay City this weekend Saturday to my cousin's wedding shower. I am not sure if we are going. We might stay in and let Stephen rest from his yucky week.
2 comments:
Poor little Stephen. I'm so sorry he's been sick! We will pray that these new antibiotics will work wonders and that he'll be back to himself in no time.
Miss you guys!
Ugh, I'm so sorry Stephen has been sick. That does NOT sound like fun!
Post a Comment