Aug 19, 2013

Potty Training is fun! Not !

Jonathan has a constipation issue that started around 2 1/2 and has steadily gotten worse. I tried many things such as switching to almond milk 100% (2 cups a day) both boys, a daily probiotic and very little cheese or dairy at all. Now at his 4 year check up she put him on a full cap of miralax daily and SDS is taking a small dose. 

Anna is going both pee and poop on the potty for about two weeks now. Usually poop only once a day and pee a few times a day. I am not potty training her I am still getting JD to go poop. This week I had a break through and Jonathan pooped on the potty for the FIRST time. Yes, we all did a happy dance!! He hasn't done it since. So, I finally figured out how to get him to not poop in his pull-up or underwear. He wears NOTHING all day. 

God only knows my horrible potty stories in the last 6 months. The great thing is there is a time and season for everything and this is my season of soiled underwear and full on trying to break my hardheaded four year old so he will poop on the potty. 

Wouldn't that be a great 34th birthday present? I'm praying I can get this done by 9/20/13. Anna is doing so good she will train by November. 

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Poor mama!! I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you. Eli potty trained very early and relatively easy without any big accidents or problems... and I don't know what I would have done if things had been a lot more difficult.

But I know you are not alone with JD. Hopefully he will turn a corner soon. And maybe the fact that Anna is doing so well be be a good source of encouragement (or competition?) for him?? I'll be thinking about you (and him)!

cougarhoogs said...

This, oddly enough, is comforting to me. Ha! Josiah is only 28months and I keep getting pressure from EVERYONE to potty train him, but neither one of us is ready for that yet. They have their own timeline and it WILL happen eventually.

Jessica Taylor said...

Potty training is just not fun and is not one size fit all like "they" try to tell you! Way to go JD! Hang in there mommy!